Monday, March 16, 2009

Early Spring Magic


.
Spring will be arriving in just a few days. Early spring bulbs are already accommodating a landscape eager for color after a dreary winter. And the Japanese in me is looking forward to cherry blossoms, always the highlight of spring as the season’s most spectacular show. And we definitely need to start planning our fashions for the new season. Early spring presents a change-of-season problem as we have some of the vestiges of winter and not yet the full glory of warm spring sunshine. This fashion problem is perhaps best solved by mixing-and-matching to put together that magical outfit for early spring. Mixing-and-matching is such great fun. The sheer joy of it was wonderfully expressed by my friend Smidget Beaumont, ‘I love taking bits of random outfits and smooshing them together to make something different and a little funky.’ I recently smooshed together a few pieces to form an outfit for the season. Perhaps not funky, but maybe more smart and casual. Click on the pictures to enlarge them.
.
Argrace Beanie with Long Straight Hair
.
March is the windy month. So I wanted a hat to cover my head and keep my hair in place. My sister Wynter (as Victoria) wears a very cute beanie that is perfect for the look that I wanted to create. She took me to the Argrace Main Store where I purchased the Argrace Beanie with Long Straight Hair for $250L. The hat is designed by Rika Owen. What is great about this beanie is that you can click on it to change its size and color. The colors are: Sand Beige, Daiquiri Green, Pink Mist, White, Rainyday Grey, and Black. I selected Pink Mist from the menu. The beanie can be purchased with hair or without hair (to fit over your existing hair). I find that the beanie without hair is very difficult to adjust to your existing hair. I would recommend buying the beanie with hair. It can be purchased with long straight hair or with long layered wavy hair. Available hair colors are Black, Blonde, Light Brown, Dark Brown, Red and Platinum. I bought the black long straight hair.

.
This lovely top is also found in the Argrace Main Store and is called With You. As you can see in the pictures, With You is very flattering to your figure and has a wonderful texture. It is designed by Air Winx, the owner of Argrace, and sells for $300L. It is available in White, Wine Red, Browny, DP, Olive, Light Grey, and Black. I purchased Wine Red. Your purchase gets you two models, a long sleeve and a medium sleeve model. I am wearing the medium sleeve. With You also comes with a very cute plaid muffler that is perfect for when the March wind has a brisk snap.
.

'With You' from Argrace Main Store
.
White Satin Pants from Redgrave Women's Fashion
.
I completed this spring outfit with the White Satin Pants available at Redgrave Women’s Fashion. The pants are designed by Emilia Redgrave and sell for $400L. You might choose to finish off your outfit by purchasing some great jeans at Argrace. But these white satin pants are one of my favorite items for mixing-and-matching. They do so well with so many other pieces. They are perfect for taking a top from one of your lovely formals and creating a less formal look that is just credibly sexy.
.

Voila - Mix and Match Fashion Magic for Early Spring

.

I hope you have fun creating your own mix-and-match fashion magic for early spring. And please go hanami (flower watching) when the sakura cherry trees are in peak blossom. Look up and view the blossoms against a clear blue sky. And take pleasure from the shower of soft white falling petals as they cover and spread over the receiving ground as if a spring snow.


Argrace Main Store:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/shin%20zushi/150/162/26

Redgrave Women's Fashion:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/REDGRAVE%20Womens%20Fashion/242/225/23
.

Pictures were taken at Opar, my personal estate.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment